WeWriWa 8/19/18 -- An Amish Settlement. An English Stranger. The Blizzard of 1888.

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope each and every one of you are doing wonderfully! It has been a while since I've been here with you at Weekend Writing Warriors and lots has happened since then! First and foremost, in February, my name changed from Sara Barnard to Sara Harris. More to come on that after our Amish snippet! Get back to the other great writers at WeWriWa here! 

In other news . . . my awesome literary agent sold this Amish novel, Rebekah's Quilt, to Vinspire Publishing. And even better . . . Rebekah's Quilt will be the first in the four-book Rebekah's Keepsakes series from Vinspire! #SuperSquee

Without further ado . . . 

The Pike, Indian Territory, 1868

“Look Elnora!” Samuel’s German accent thickened the English words and gave them a musical feel. He pointed to the vast expanse that spread out before them. “That’s what the English call The Pike. Many are traveling west on this very road.”
Elnora peeked out from the wagon, her eyes searching the desolate vastness. “So this is Indiana Territory.” She giggled. “I see, Samuel. Many are traveling this road.” The lack of fellow wagons was sadly apparent.

This snippet is from Rebekah's Quilt, book 1 in the Rebekah's Keepsakes series, coming in 2019 from Vinspire Publishing. 

In my name change news . . . February 10, 2018, I married a man who puts even the most notable romance novel heroes to shame. Now, we get to work towards our happily ever after. <3 
















I welcome your comments and question! Till next time! 







24 comments:

  1. OK WOW! Multiple congratulations, on the wedding and the sale of a series - very cool. Enjoyed the snippet too of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing for you, Sara! Congratulations on all of the above! Super excited for you! :)

    This is Julie Evelyn Joyce, btw. I'm not sure how to sign myself in properly in the comments, but at least you'll know it's me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Sara, and congrats on the new name and the sale!!! Love the excerpt - I have a feeling she's going to need that sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's good to be back with you guys!!

      Delete
  4. Delightful in every way. Best to you and your mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that red dress in the last picture you're wedding dress? A pirate-themed wedding would be unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That WOULD have been awesome! It was just for play . . . however Wesley (my blonde pirate captor) is my source of inspiration for Russian Jack, a notorious pirate captain in my forthcoming pirate romance! #BackFromTheDeadRed <3

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Great photos too! Enjoyed your snippet. Look forward to reading more about their journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More congratulations on both your wedding and your series! Lots of reasons to celebrate. :) Loved your snippet and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! Thank you so much!! It's so good to be back!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your marriage and selling the series! Oh, and welcome back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your marriage and the sale of your series. I enjoyed your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine!! I'm so excited for this series (and so many more books I've finished or begun in the meantime) to come to life!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations for everything!! This is all spectacular news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly congratulations on your marriage, and on your book contract. This excerpt is such an interesting set up. I'm a Brit, but visited Amish country in Ohio a few years ago, and what I learnt about the Amish way of life was so interesting, I loved the food and the beautiful quilts I saw in Amish shops. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your marriage and the sale. Wow. You have a lot to celebrate. Welcome back. Interesting snippet. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Writer Wednesday - T.M. Caruana

Today we welcome the talented, and prolific author, T.M. Caruana to the blog for #WriterWednesday! Click on these hot book covers to ...